Earlier I described how to migrate to a Metacello-based Seaside 2.8. The process involves removing many packages and loading things as if you were in a new repository. Because of the extensive package restructuring and class changes, the process of moving from Seaside 2.8 to 3.0 is largely the same. I’ve found that the same instructions work with one change: In step #13, evaluate ‘UpgradeTool new updateProjects; updateGLASS; loadSeaside30’ in a workspace to load Seaside.
After doing the load, I found a few packaging issues:
- ‘Metacello-MC’ was marked dirty but had no changes. I reloaded it to clear the dirty flag.
- ‘Seaside2’ existed but had no repositories or versions. I unloaded the package.
- ‘Seaside-Core.gemstone’ was missing WAAuthConfiguration. I reloaded the package.
- ‘Seaside-Component’ was dirty but had no changes. I reloaded it to clear the dirty flag.
- ‘Seaside-Tools-Core’ was dirty but had no changes. I reloaded it to clear the dirty flag.
- ‘VB-Regex’ existed but was replaced by ‘Regex-Core’ and ‘Regex-Tests-Core’. I unloaded it.
With this, I have Seaside 3.0 loaded (but not running). There are a substantial number of changes between Seaside 2.8 and Seaside 3.0, so much work remains to be done–but at least we have the code loaded!